This is the last Wednesday update before 2020! Are you looking forward to the new year? I know I am.
I met my goal: Chapter 110 is done, so I have 40 chapters left in Gray Haze. I plan to take a break from writing and social media on Dec. 14-31, but if I ever have the time + desire to write in those two and a half weeks, I may write anyway.
On January 1st, I’ll post a 2019 recap and summary of my 2020 goals. Next year is going to be a little different because my focus will be on editing instead of writing. -I’m stressed.- However, I’ll continue posting updates like these every couple weeks. My blog schedule is already planned for the entire year.
Here’s how I’m hoping the Gray Haze process will go:
- January-March 2020: Finish the manuscript
- May-July 2020: Self-edit the manuscript
- August-December 2020: Edit with my editor
- January-March 2021: Beta reader feedback
- April-June 2021: Final polishing, copyright, and purchasing cover art
- July 2021: Release date + other announcements
- August 2021-??? 2022: Promotion –> release day!
If I could self-edit faster than I have planned, all the better. Then I could seek beta readers earlier, which would be nice. Keep an eye out if you are a beta reader. And subscribe to my newsletter if you want to win my undying love. 😉
Gray Haze is 225,260 words, or 110 chapters long. That’s 20,741 words, or 10 chapters, longer since the last update.